Welcome to History Day!
Southwest Arkansas Virtual Regional History Day 2021
Region 5: Southern Arkansas University
Regional Contest Registration Deadline: The Registration Deadline had now passed. Further project registrations will not be accepted.
Regional Contest Key Dates:
- Registration Opens for Regional Contest: Monday, January 4, 2021 at 9:00 am.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2021, 11:01 pm.
- Projects Due: Projects must be uploaded by Friday, March 5, 2021, 11:01 pm. Websites will also lock on this deadline.
- Virtual Award Ceremony: TBA
Please choose the Student, Teacher, or Judge tab for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, email Dr. John Schneiderwind at: JohnSchneiderwind@saumag.edu
Student Registration: History Day 2021
Welcome to the registration site for History Day Arkansas!
Instructions for Student Registration: Printable Student Registration Instructions
- Please make sure your teacher has registered before you begin! Students will only be able to register after their teacher has registered.
- If you are participating in a group project, please pay close attention to the instructions about your Team Key. This key allows you to link group members together in the system. Unless you are the first member of your team to register, make sure you have the Team Key before you register. The first team member to register will receive the key in an email after they complete their registration.
- All participating students must be registered by Friday, Feb. 12 at 11:01 pm.
- All project materials must be uploaded by Friday, Feb. 26 at 11:01 pm. For more key contest dates, return to the "General" tab.
Virtual Project Guidelines:
Documentary Students: Upload a single PDF of your Written Materials (title page, process paper, and annotated bibliography) and insert a shareable Documentary Link from Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox. Find full virtual contest guidelines for documentaries at nhda.fyi/DocGuide
Exhibit Students: Upload a single PDF of your Written Materials (title page, process paper, annotated bibliography, and exhibit). Find full virtual contest guidelines for exhibits at nhda.fyi/ExhibGuide
Paper Students: Upload a single PDF of your Paper (title page, process paper, annotated bibliography, and paper). Find full virtual contest guidelines for papers at nhda.fyi/PaperGuide
Performance Students: Upload a single PDF of your Written Materials (title page, process paper, annotated bibliography, and performance companion worksheet) and insert a shareable Performance Link from Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox. Find full virtual contest guidelines for performances at nhda.fyi/PerfGuide
Website Students: Insert your NHDWebCentral Site Key. Find full virtual contest guidelines for websites at nhda.fyi/WebGuide
Thank you for participating in Southwest Arkansas Virtual History Day Contest!
For more information about this regional History Day contest deadlines, please see the General tab.
For Printable Virtual Project Guidelines and Student Registration Instructions please consult the Student main tab.
How Do I Register?
You can find a complete guide to teacher registration here: Printable Teachers' Registration Instructions
Getting a "File Must Be Under 20 MB" message when you are trying to upload? Read this!
Students cannot register until their teacher has completed registration, so please register well before the deadline.
What Information Will Students Need in order to Register?
Here are the questions that students will be asked to answer when they register: Teachers' Overview-- Student Registration Questions
How Do I Check My Students' Registrations?
Log in to this contest using your NHD username and password. After you log in, your name will appear at the top right corner of the page. Click the My Students tab on the top of the page.
Use your My Students list to
- Verify that your students have completed their registration. A thumbs up by their name means they have completed their registration.
- Make sure their project information is correct. In particular, please check students' registration for these two common errors: Did they select the correct category? (e.g. website, documentary, etc.) Are group entries correctly linked to a single project?
Through your teacher account, you have the power to:
- View and edit student/entry information,
- Link/unlink a student to an entry by clicking on the student's name.
Need help for issues related to registration, student project information, or any other technical issues with this contest portal? Call us at 501-444-2357 or email us at email@example.com. Story Matkin-Rawn, Judy Huff, and Koria Robinson are working together to respond quickly to offer technical help. Your students are also welcome to reach out to us. For questions related specifically to Central Arkansas History Day, please contact John Schneiderwind at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Teacher Account Lasts All Year
Once you have created an NHD Teacher Account, it is good for one whole contest year. Please do not open a new account if your students advance to the state (or national) competition. When students advance to the next contest, your NHD Teacher Account transfers automatically to that contest with them. You will be able to view your student list at any time by logging into the relevant (regional, state, or national) contest portal.
Students and teachers will be able to view and download the judges' evaluation forms directly from their NHD account after the regional contest is finished and the award ceremony has been held.
Thank you for your participation and sponsorship of students for the Southwest Arkansas History Day virtual competition. It is through your hard work and dedication that the value of history is instilled in your students. We are very grateful for all that you do for the field.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to judge Southwest Arkansas History Day!
To Register as a Judge:
- Select the “Create Account” link on the top menu (above).
- When offered a selection of registrant types (student, teacher, judge), please select “Judge.”
- On the first page, you will be prompted to complete your personal contact information and to create a password. On the second page, you can indicate your entry category preferences.
- Once you are registered, you should receive an email confirming your registration within 24 hours.
Dates: Judging will take place between February 27 and March 5. More information will be shared via email.
Coordinator: Dr. John Scheiderwind (email@example.com)